Next in line?

During my weekend shredding of FLASH: REBIRTH Kristie asked me how this mess could be redeemed. It got my brain clicking, especially since I'd been writing about character progression and the passing of torches. With all of the old Silver Age heroes being brought back to the DCU, perhaps is time for the Justice League to go the route of the Justice Society and move aside for the next generation to become the premier heroes of the DCU.

I'm looking hard at the current Titans line-up. They're multiple characters on that roster that have been former League members. The potential there is great, but unfortunately all I'm seeing from the group is them dealing with the same threats they did twenty plus years ago.

Way back in the Wolfman/Perez days the New Teen Titans were seen as the characters that would be the big heroes of the next generation. They were to be the future Justice League. I'm thinking the time may be fast approaching when this thought becomes a fact in comics.

No comments: