"I'm da best!"

Watched Rocky III on television last night. (I nearly just called it 'the telly'. I blame Richard for that.) I was then dumped into mental state where my entire pop culture universe hinged on boxing. I'm watch a Rocky movie while working on a Night Life page featuring boxers. My mind kept wandering to 96X's The Mike and Bob Show who have declared 2009 "The Year of Clubber Lang". Eye of the Tiger was stuck on an endless loop in my head and then my brain shot over to Supernatural and the now infamous outtake concerning that song.

The only thing that jarred me out of randomly shadowboxing between my pen-strokes is the movie ending and the previously mentioned Richard jarring my consciousness out of fight mode and into comics mode.

It hit me that Rocky in the movie was as old as I am now. The talk in the film was about Rock being 'too old for a comeback'. I keep looking at my gloves and think about doing something really stupid.

No comments: