Tick tick boom

I talked before about Star Trek and how I wasn't really into it because it wasn't explodey enough for me. Saw the movie last night and that was plenty explodey. I'm not a Trekkie, or a Trekker or even a fan of Star trek, but that was a freaking great movie. Planets getting destroyed, crap blowing up all over the place, people doing the impossible, green chicks in their unmentionables and a freakin' sword fight.

And most importantly: a good story.

If I'm going to accept style over substance then it better be damn stylish. I was sitting there watching the previews for the upcoming summer movies. There was the G.I.JOE trailer which I had not seen and the TRANSFORMERS one which I had caught a glimpse of once. I'm completely disinterested in both. I did not like the first TRANSFORMERS movie because I felt like I needed to turn off my brain to enjoy it. The second one looks like more of the same. G.I.JOE looks like a noisy ridiculous mess. Both are promising huge budgeted effects and visuals and they did a huge seen in one of the previews in which the Eiffel Tower gets destroyed.

Sorry, not caring.

Of all the previews I saw last night the only on that has me excited is this year's Pixar offering: UP.

1 comment:

Kristiine Havener said...

Star Trek wooooo! I'm glad you liked it. I loved it a lot. XDDD