Lis in a rubber suit

I was watching the POWER RANGERS last Saturday morning because that's how I roll. Before you begin the mockery, keep in mind that I've gotten many a Karate student over the years due to that show. So, first off, I have a bit of debt towards the show. Second, when a student occasionally asks me about something on the show technique-wise, I like to have an answer. That said, the show is an amusing bit of fluff and an occasional guilty pleasure.

Over the years the show has constantly reinvented itself with new casts and different storylines. Not a bad idea. It prevents there from being a ton of continuity for new viewers, who are mainly children, to have to keep up with. Also it allows for entirely new lines of toys to be made every year. Last Saturday marked the end of the latest season with the POWER RANGERS RPM team defeating Vengix in a post-apocalyptic world. Next week they're going back to the beginning and airing episodes from the original seasons, which I don't think has been done in quite a while.

I'll definitely be watching for nostalgia's sake, but there's also on other reason: Lis Fies. Go check out her blog and if you can, watch some of the old episodes and see if you can spot her.

No comments: