Another one bites the dust.

There's a feeling in the air tonight of optimism and detain for recent past. 2009 was not kind to a lot of people and they're bitter about that. These same people are determined to make 2010 a great year. They plan to do epic things. They plan to create amazing stuff. They're planning things just like they were planning things 365 days ago. Now some of them actually did the things they were planning, and it's likely that they'll do it again. When you do something cool, you tend to want to do more things that are cool. If that cool thing happened and you were in the right place at the right time, you don't count. I'm talking about the premeditated execution of coolness.

Then there's those who keep planning on doing something cool. They may already be cool and hope to take that coolness to a whole new level. They may think they're cool, but really aren't, and plan on having their erroneously perceived coolness cast to masses hoping to infect the masses with viral coolness to amass a legion of followers that will send them gifts and scream their names. They may just be trying to be cool, and it just isn't in them. Either way these people are saying the same thing they said last year, and will be saying it again next year and possibly the year after that if the Mayans aren't correct: "I'm going to do something this year."

I did a lot of things this year. A lot of those things were stupid.

Sure there were good things. I shaved my head for charity. I continued to teach Karate and some people have benefited from it. I went to the Chicago Comic-con which taught me a valuable lesson about Comic-cons. I read stuff. I wrote stuff. I drew stuff. I built stuff. I broke stuff. I made messes. I cleaned messes. I taught things. I learned things. I joined stuff. I quit stuff.

Frankly, I'm tired. I could read back through this year on this blog and just the thought of reading all of this wears me out.

So, Happy New Year to the five of you who read this. I'm going to do something.

No comments: