Yeah, it's still stupid.

Well, it's certainly nice to know where a person stands. Our perspective thief/extortion artist is STILL trying to get me nice and scared. I told him I'd suss it out with his lawyers to see if there was any legitimacy to his claims to "having his copyright", whatever the hell that's supposed to mean, and here's the response.


"you know that's not how these things work. nether of our lawyers are required to discuss the fact that they ARE our lawyers,let alone a possible case.(unless ordered to by a judge.) "confidentiality." don't worry,...if you put my character out you'll find out the hard way."


Except, that is how these things work. That's what the lawyers are there for. I could have this cleared up very quickly actually, and put and end to this. He thinks I stole his character, which is apparently a real problem for him since he also claims that Marvel stole a character from him that he created when he was 9. Yet he provides absolutely no proof or evidence whatsoever that this character exists. He says there's a confidentiality agreement. Fine, I'll talk to the someone handling the legal side of things to resolve the matter. And there's the response I get.

All this is meant to try to worry me. Hopefully I'll cave in and beg forgiveness. Once jerks like this get power over someone they'll use it. He'll want an apology first and money for damages later. Probably hoping I'll put information of my own up so be used against me.

So, does his company exist? No. He refers to it as MK Comics. I've checked out MK Comics. That company has nothing to do with him. Does he actually have a lawyer? Of course not. Sure people are a little scared of lawyers in this sue-happy society. Unfortunately for the moron in question, I'm not one of them. If he wants to put out the cash to start something he can knock himself out. This might as well be a rite of passage for me.

I've done something in comics that some moron wants a piece of and wants to threaten legal action. I have arrived.

3 comments:

Tamara said...

Man this guy is persistent.

Marty Nozz said...

Part of the game. He wants to keep up the pressure to try to keep me rattled, and only provide me with one option to resolve the matter, in this case giving in to his demands. The guy's got nothing, and in all likelihood is attempting to steal my characters and using this to divert attention.

Tamara said...

Ya thats what it sounds like. Unless a lawyer shows up at your door, which i highly doubt, theres nothing to worry about