Target: Nozz

So, it's all my fault. I knew I should have been smarter. I've got no one to blame but myself. See, for those that have read the previous entries that I tried to hussle up some paying comic work with disasterous results. So, an amusing crash and burn.

Well, I didn't think anything of it, but sure enough I get tracked down on this here blog. And here's the comment I deleted a couple posts ago:


"you have a copyright that is owned by ME.(warsilver) MY E-MAIL IS XXXXXXXXXX@XXXXX.XXX my real name is XXXXX.
somehow you even have the same costume,and a chain on it,my question is do you want a lawsuit??

almost everything in/on said character is the same as the character i created in 1992. carbon dating on documents will prove this. I am not being disrespectful,just defending what is MINE.

i have suspicions as to how you got a hold of it. i could be wrong. this could be a case of us thinking alike. its happened before,but in rare instances in comics."


Name and e-mail address blanked out by me. Please note the threat of lawsuit, followed by an attempt to make nice. Classic shakedown. What he's hoping will follow is me freaking out and contacting him begging him not to sue. He'll offer to settle and likely demand some money. That's best case too, odds are I've got an identity thief gunning for me. If he keeps it up I've got no problem siccing the proper authorities on him.

How stupid does he think I am? The incident with me applying for a gig with him was only two months ago? Did he think I had a head injury and just plain forgot all about it? I just thought he was a garden variety nut, but our super-cool buddy Rob tipped me to this being a possible phishing scam. Figure suckering me with the fake comic company didn't pan out, so he's going this route.

This happens every so often. I'm in the position that I have a little bit of a reputation, but I'm not a big gun. Some folks thinks that makes me vulnerable. Got an e-mail once tipping me off that some guy was claiming that he worked for me and I had never heard of them. Weird stuff happens when you put yourself out there.

This guy obviously read my Joe versus Joe entry as well which inspired the last bit. Not a bad scam... if you're targeting a complete idiot, which last I checked, I'm not.

So watch yourselves out there, gang. There's scumbags under them rocks.

3 comments:

shazamjason said...

OK,..if that's how ya want it.if you publish anything with "warsilver" in it you will get sued.same if you use the likeness. hears the thing...i don't settle out of court for things like this. not for anything.

Marty Nozz said...

Fine, let's put an end to this.

Give me the contact information for your attorney and I'll suss it out with him or her.

shazamjason said...

you know that's not how these things work. nether of our lawyers are required to discuss the fact that they ARE our lawyers,let alone a possible case.(unless ordered to by a judge.) "confidentiality." don't worry,...if you put my character out you'll find out the hard way.