Learning fast

Kinda of had to the last few days. With my Twitter plan getting ready to launch, the last thing on the to do list was to get a phone that would let me update from wherever I am. Cue me at the T-Mobile store getting Blackberry Curve 8320. Having this thing is definitely me living beyond my raising. I'm pretty much two steps up from caveman status when it comes to technology.

I love getting my cell phone upgraded. It's such a rare event that the people at T-Mobile just look at my old phone in awe, amazed that it's still working. "Wow. This thing is old." is the invariable response I get.

So with two days to go I set about learning how to update twitter with the phone. It was a fairly painless process. There's tons of other things I'm sure I could do with this phone, and maybe one day I'll attempt to figure them out, but for now, I can make phone calls, update Twitter and play 'Block smasher' or whatever the game on there is called.

Onward and the game is afoot. Due to good support from friends and talking about the project I already a few people following the Twitter account before I began the story. The numbers have gone up fairly steadily. They're not skyrocketing, but I didn't expect that to happen. Hopefully word will spread and hopefully this'll get some notice for Kat who has been great through the entire process.

I've also learned on Twitter that "Yay! New Follower!" is trumped by "Yay! New Follower and they're a real person!" Pesky bots.

No comments: