In league with Lucifer....

Post title borrowed from the first HIGHLANDER movie. That's right, I'm waving my geek flag.

Post title borrowed from the first HIGHLANDER movie. That's right, I'm waving my geek flag.

HEXED
is coming in December. This is a limited series about a thief, Lucifer, who deals with the occult. Michael Alan Nelson (CTHULU TALES) teams up with newcomer Emma Rios to bring us this one. The initial feel reminds me a lot of Joss Whedon's FRAY. Our thief doesn't sport cool Slayer powers, but instead relies on her bag of tricks to make things happen for her.

The first issue is a bit light on action but sets things up nicely. Rios's art is quite nice and suits the story well. The lead isn't an "uber-babe" and fortunately isn't drawn as one. It's a nice change of pace. Despite having a heavy supernatural aspect to the story, the characters aren't completely over the top. This jarred me a bit. I was expecting something more outrageous from the cast, but this works in making the occult parts of the story that much more jarring. Luci pulls some really outrageous stuff, but to her it's completely business as usual.

At least it's business as usual until a former employer tracks her down to settle a debt.

Solicits are due in October 28th, so if this book sounds like your cup of tea, head over to your LCS (local comic shop) and place your order.

No comments: