Batman is back to being interesting

BATMAN AND ROBIN #1 came out this week marking the return of cool stuff going on in the Bat-corner of the DCU. Kudos to Tony Daniels for BATTLE FOR THE COWL. I wasn't really into it, but I'll give the guy props for trying. I think Daniels could develop into a good writer if he keeps at it. BftC was a decent start.

I'm excited to be a batman fan again. Grant Morrison is hit the ground running with Frank Quietly and turned out a great comic. I find myself wanting more.

I'll be getting more next month, but in the meantime I get to enjoy Greg Rucka over on DETECTIVE COMICS. Judd Winick will be writing BATMAN and while my enjoyment of his work has waxed and wailed over the years, I'm hopeful. I want to see Winick up his game to keep up with Morrison and Rucka. I think he can do it. Time will tell. We also have Paul Dini doing a couple of new titles based in Gotham.

While I'm horribly disappointed with much of what's been going on with DC Comics, I have to give them props on how they're handling their "Big 3". The Superman books have been absolutely Stellar with Rucka and Robinson knocking it right out of the park at every turn. Gail Simone is doing wonderful stuff on WONDER WOMAN. Now, the Gotham Idol bit is over and we've got good Bat books coming our way again.

For a while I was not really enjoying my comics. Now, I have reason to be excited to go to Comic Kings on Wednesday.

No comments: