They're doing it again?

Tonight is the premier of the new ABC show CUPID... or is it?

It's not and this stuns me. They've done this show before. It was about ten years ago. It was also called CUPID and it starred Jeremy Piven. The main character claimed to be Cupid and was thrown out of Mount Olympus and couldn't get back in until he got one hundred couples together. The people around him mostly thought he was just a nut, but he was so good at match making that the viewers were left with the burning question in their head 'What if he's telling the truth?" If this sounds familiar, either you've got a good memory for television or you've seen the promos for the new show.

It was an absolutely brilliant show. It followed Michael Madson on another brilliant show VENGENCE UNLIMITED. It was easily the best two hours of television going at the time.

So of course both shows were canceled mid-season. In fact from conversations I've had with people I may be only one in a handful of people that even remember them. I'm very curious about this. Does ABC think no one will notice? Have they forgotten about it themselves and the creator got one past them?

I'm morbidly curious about the show. As for the predecessor, I showed up for Jeremy Piven and stayed because the show was brilliant. The new show stars someone I've never heard of and is on at ten o'clock at night. Two things that don't bode well for me watching it. This is made tougher by the fact I stayed up late to watch the eleven o'clock news last night to try to figure out what exploded over Virginia Sunday evening.

We'll see what the evening brings.

No comments: