Back

So, I've been away for a week. Went to Topeka, Kansas. No, I did not lose a bet.

I have gotten on airplanes twice in my life with it being my idea. First time was in 1992 and then in 2003. Both times were going to Orlando, Florida. I've disliked flying since before it sucked. It's gone progressively down hill. Flying used to be a luxury. Now it's moving people as if they were potentially irritable cargo. They're pleasant enough about it, however they used to smile when they asked what you would like for your in flight meal or snack. Now you pay for trail mix, but the drinks are free as long as they're non-alcoholic.

Still I went for family. I was promised a good time by way of a trip to Kansas City, which I here has some interesting things going on. This was just a cunning ploy however. Much like when the promise was made to me that I wouldn't have to fly anywhere for a year. Smoke and mirrors.

Topeka has become more tolerable since now you have a chance of getting to church on Sunday without seeing the Westboro Baptist Church manning the sideways and holding signs with truly despicable things printed on them. These people are world class shitheels and humanity would be better off burning the lot of them at the stake. Seems another group manned the sideways with signs letting everyone know how that the WBS are a bunch of evil losers and the sissies packed up their tents and retreated to their compound. This group has a tendency to sue people who denounce them so with that in mind I would like to say: GO DIE MISERABLY, YOU WORTHLESS PILES OF SHIT. And you can go to Joplin and find ol' Deffiant McDouchebag and join him in his lawsuit against me. That way Only one judge will have their time wasted if anything ever goes to trial.

I did get a chance to go bowling while I was there, which was nice since wee went to the good bowling alley and the segregated one was torn down. Yes, you read that last bit correctly. Went there once. That was more than enough. I rolled a 189. Yay me.

I was also surrounded at every other turn by 'Twilight' stuff and was asked if I knew what it was.

"Sparkly, queer vampires and the vapid emo girls for love them. Stop looking at me like that. It wasn't my idea."

I also got a chance to watch "Madagascar 2" which was much better than the first one. This was not difficult since the best thing about the first one was the ending credits.

I did manage to reread a good portion of "Good Omens" on the trip so things were bearable. But that was my week in a nutshell. I'm ready to go draw stuff now.

2 comments:

Kristiine Havener said...

There was a segregated bowling ally?! WTF?!

Marty Nozz said...

Oh yes. I was bowling there once, and was focused on my game and having fun. I finished and looked to my left and it was all whites. Then I looked to my right and it was all blacks. I thought it was odd. Then i saw the League schedules and sure enough there was an all black league.

So, yeah. The place sucked.