Will work for food

I'm a very lucky man because my creative skills have been deemed worthy of compensation. This is not something i take lightly. Sure, it's been a goal of mine make a living from these skills that so far has not happened leaving me physical labor, yelling at children to kick higher and hitting hit upside the head with the business end of sharpish metal tools.

However, I've gotten a few bucks here and there for my creative efforts. I've also received other things. I have a wonderful mini-bust of Lady Blackhawk of which there are only two in existence. The other was kept by the sculptor. This I received for a poster I did for her, and I maintain that I got the better end of that deal.

Last weekend I received a package in payment of a poster I did for a delightful young lady in Hawaii. I received SPAM in numerous flavors, very nice coffee, mochi chips, little mushroom shaped confections, a T-shirt with a cross-eyed hula girl on the back of it and a copy of HAWAIIAN DICK. HAWAIIAN DICK is a comic Image put out a while back. It's very good and I highly recommend it. So yeah, I got spoiled rotten.

So in these tough economic times I've come to the determination that while cash is great and always welcome starving artist needs to eat! So may I present:

The Duck and Cover Studios Food Bribery List!
The following is to give everyone a notion of what we'll do and at what cost. Substitutions of equivalent value may be made.

Marty's list
Doodle - one bag of FunYuns

Sketch - obscene amount of Oreos/sammich

Full page pin-up - batch of homemade cookies/dinner at Cracker Barrel

Mini comic - Steak dinner either from restaurant or home grilled

Poster - Full on Thanksgiving style dinner

Full comic - Melting Pot, repeatedly.

Chris's list
Page - Ham and swiss sandwich from Pretzel Plus

Mini comic - 20 wings from beach Pub with double dipping sauces, ranch dressing + bar tab

Full Comic - Sushi dinner including appetizers and desert + bar tab + massage + happy ending

No comments: