Under Pressure

Its Wednesday, January 18, 2012, things are in chaos, and this is the Side.  It doesn't take much to throw things off.  In my case this week, its a sick kid.  Sick kid can't go to school.  If sick kids can't go to school then the Missus can't handle things she needs to handle without a bit of outside help.  Then I get a phone call requesting help.  The problem with that is I am needed at work.  The boss is very understanding, however one does not want to push things to see how understanding one's boss really is.  So this guy here has to hustle to make try to make sure everything that needs to happen actually happens.  Something is going to fall down somewhere.  Someone is going to get let down.  That's a hard pill to swallow.  You have to minimize the damage as best you can.  That's tricky because the situation induces stress and under stress it becomes easy to make a mistake.  Then you're in a big spiral of it sucks to be you, which is best avoided.  Currently, I'm not in that spiral, but I sure can see the event horizon of it.


So, I don't have much to sound off on right now.  Yeah, there's a bunch of stuff going down with the horrible SOPA and PIPA bills.  If you haven't contacted your representative yet about them, you really should and tell them not to vote for it.


I'm going to wrap this up for today because I'm currently just spinning my metal wheels, much like that hamster in Sunday's post.  I do have an appropriate tune for today though.





That's a wrap for me today.  See y'all Friday.

No comments: