Nasty gut feelings

I've been re-reading some comics and find it unnerving as to how much Gary Callahan reminds me of our Pop Star-in-Chief.

I read about a society whose police force rations food and performs ballistic retroactive abortions, and I think about how much government has grown since I was a child.

I saw the graphic novel adaptation to Fahrenheit 451 and thought about public schools.

I read about journalists that wanted to report truth and realized that's a really great work of fiction.

I re-read about the deconstruction of superheroes and found it depressing and not as great as I had once thought.

As much as I'm sick of the thought of 'realism' in comics means things being dark, grim and gritty I really detest the notion that fiction may be becoming reality, and not in a good way.

No comments: