TV is talking to me

No, not the actual television. It's too embarrassed to say anything because of it's size. It's secretly jealous of those skinny flat screen dealies. I keep telling the television that it's alright and I'm not interested in another television. Besides, who the hell is going to steal it. It's heavy and a proper thief would go after one of those televisions that hang of the wall.

I'm referring to TV itself speaking to me. It's always been a good friend and trusted adviser. Now is no different. You see, it's taken ABC away from me. Also, it's shown me the primetime line up for the CW, letting me know that there'll be only one hour of good TV on that channel this fall. Fox is stacking the interesting shows on Thursday as well knowing that I don't get home until late that night meaning there's an hours of TV for me to watch.

These are all cunning messages from TV. It's telling me to get one of those TV recording devices so that I can record good TV and watch it at proper times. It's forcing me into this so that I don't spend too much time watching TV when I should be doing other things.

The message from TV: "Get to work, and record us. You can watch us later. We don't mind."

TV is very considerate.

1 comment:

Kristiine Havener said...

I wish my TV was considerate. Not that I'd listen to it; its one of those skinny bitches who complains about how fat it is. And she is slow. It takes 3 seconds to change the channels, which is infuriating when I don't actually want to watch TV just flip through it. DVR or Tivo would be sweet, but I'd use it to just record cartoons and Dollhouse. :B