Marscon report



Well, I braved the below freezing temperatures to make it to Marscon this past weekend. Chris couldn't make it due to illness. Talked to a lot of folks and handed out a lot of cards. Did a picture for a little girl who liked Wonder Woman and was therefore good people. The whole trip was made worth it when she saw the picture and yelled "COOL!"

I also helped with a basic cartooning workshop. I hope those who were able to make it enjoyed it and got something out of it. There was a lot of talent in that room.

The above Batman pic was what I was doing in my spare time up there. Things were a bit slow at my table, but that happens sometimes.

Big thanks to Butch Allen for chairing the show. Also got to see David Seletyn, an old college buddy who seemed happy to see Night Life again.

It was a fun show. I have to say I think I broke one of the con goers while discussing Batman. The point came up about FINAL CRISIS and Bats getting hit with the Omega Sanction and is now trapped inside of degrading synthetic lives, which means now ALL-STAR BATMAN AND ROBIN THE BOY WONDER is now canon. His reaction was priceless.

No comments: