Now the story can be told...

October.

Mom: "What would you guys like for Christmas?"

Me: "Meagan would like a Wii Fit."

Mom: "What about you?"

Me: "Well, let's just say it's for both of us."

November.

Mom: "Have you thought about what you'd like for Christmas?"

Me: "Yes, we'd like a Wii Fit."

Mom: "A Wii... Fit?"

Me: "Yeah, it's an accessory for the Wii."

Mom: "That's for both of you?"

Me: "Yep."

First week of December.

Mom: "I need to know what to get you for Christmas."

Me: "We'd like a Wii Fit."

Mom: "Is there anything else you'd like, in case I can't find one."

Me. "..." "Highlander: Season One."

Second week of December.

Mom: "I can't find a Wii Fit anywhere and they want almost double the price for them online and I don't know how to use Ebay!"

Me: "This is why I told you about it in October."

Mom: "YOU DID NOT!"

Me: (Insert eye rolling here)

Mom: "OK, maybe you did, but I can't find one! Maybe I could just give you the money... WAIT! YOU! You have connections!"

Me: "There's no such thing as the mafia."

Mom: "STOP THAT!" (Insert smack here.) "You find all sorts of weird stuff. You managed to get a Wii after looking for all of five minutes. You can find one and I'll pay you back!"

Me: "So you want me to get my hands on one of the most sought after items anywhere during the Holiday season, and then get it to you so you can give it back to me for Christmas, without Meagan knowing?"

Mom: "Yes." (At this point I found the fact that I used to RP Jaeger Ayers to be highly ironic.) "Oh and I have no idea where to find that Highlander thing you asked for."

Me: "Mom, your office is across the street from a Best Buy."

Mom: "They have DVDs?"

Two days after that.

Me: "It's done."

Mom: "WHAT?! How did you find one? How much did you pay?"

Me: "It was $89.99."

Mom: "I couldn't find one anywhere."

Me: "Well, you can find one in my car right now."

Mom: "HOW?! How did you do it?"

Me: "I'm Batman."

No comments: