Insomnia returns

It's 5:00 in the morning and I've been up for a half an hour.

Can't guess as to how many times I woke up from a dream that was telling me it was time to get up. I finally took the hint. Had half a mind to play with the Wii Fit which let me know that after over twenty years of martial arts training that I am "unbalanced" and politely asked me if I had problems walking. I'm wondering whether or not the "unbalanced" comment was referring to my mental status.

I'm over due starting my next "Tales of Night Life". Got an artist all lined up. She did chapter two of "New Kid in Town". She got all excited when I told her that the next story would be involving a werewolf. The story is in my reptilian brain and unfortunately has built a comfy little next in there and refuses to get out despite poking it with a sharp stick.

Deffiant McDouchebag continues his vendetta against me hoping to drive me from any internet forums that he finds me in. He actually started a blog here on Blogger just to comment in this blog, back when he was he was throwing around wild accusations and taking a break from trying to sign comic artists to ten year contracts with his company. I was thinking he was a wannabe shakedown artist or identity thief. Now I think I'm the focus of interest for a Paranoid Schizophrenic. To quote the Joker from BATMAN BEYOND: RETURN OF THE JOKER "It would be funny if it weren't so pathetic. Ah, what the heck. I'll laugh anyways."

THE SPIRIT isn't doing well at the box office. Critics are panned it. I'd take the time to defend it if Frank Miller owed me a goddamn thing.

Year's almost done. Got some stuff to show for it by way of content. Content is always important. Hopefully next year I'll have something to show by way of books to put in people's hands. The next issue of MERE MORTAL is coming and will complete the story arc. Since I'm not looking forward to much being shown me by the big time comic book companies, I'm going to have to just get excited by my own work.

Gail Simone's stuff is keeping me excited. I just want to hang out in the little corner of the DC Universe she's writing and cling to my little Gail involved fantasy of her vision of things spilling over into everything I read and making it more enjoyable. Never seen her picture, but I like to imagine her the way she writes: witty, charming and inviting. Then the Al Green music starts to play....

Cripes.

See what happens when I can't sleep?

No comments: